Congregation Shaarey Tphiloh , known locally as the Noyes Street Shul, is Portland’s oldest synagogue.
We were founded in 1904 on Newbury Street in Portland’s Old Port and moved to our current location on Noyes Street in 1954.
Our members believe that they have a responsibility to work to improve the lives of the people in the community around us as well as the lot of all of humanity.
Selected Shaarey Tphiloh images:
- Bar mitzvah invitation, Portland, 1957
- Holy Ark dedication program, Portland, 1949
- Synagogue Building Association record book, Portland, ca. 1902
- Shaarey Tphiloh Constitution and Bylaws, Portland, ca. 1920
- Letter of thanks to Shaarey Tphiloh Sisterhood, Portland, 1951
- Shaarey Tphiloh officers, Portland, 1954
- Shaarey Tphiloh Finance Committee statement, 1902
- Shaarey Tphiloh High Holy Days ticket, Portland, 1973
- Shaarey Tphiloh ark, Portland, ca. 1949